Our Mission Statement
Glass House Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization that focuses on helping individuals integrate back into society and to resolve unsettled pasts. We are assisting them in their recovery and healing so that they can eventually become self-sufficient. Our main goal is to provide stability in our clients through PEACEing Lives Back Together Again.
What we do
When clients arrive at one of our four homes, we begin by providing a quiet place to “re-group” and become stable. Glass House Inc. is unique in that we are a housing first with a re-acclimation program! You are provided a safe place to live while in the program. Obviously, this is a huge stabilizing factor in a person’s life. Because of this unique feature we can also provide those needing re-entry services and seeking a housing plan an opportunity they might not otherwise have.
Whether you find yourself homeless, in recovery, struggling with mental health, are an ex-offender or just needing some help figuring out “what’s next”, we are here to help.
With the client’s input we then begin to assess their needs and build a goal plan around them. These programs, known as Individual Goal Plans (IGP) and Family Goal Plans (FGP), contain matching and attainable goals that are specifically designed for each individual and/or family. Part of the process is to also build on education and life skills needed to maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle when re-entering into society.
Glass House Inc. implements the needed life skills and services for our clients through networking with the community and with Glass House Inc. facilitators. We also help to build credit. Families and individuals can eventually obtain their own apartments and potentially their own homes when finished with the process of the program. The individual’s length of time in the program is dependent on their goals, situation and needs.
We have long term housing for those who need or want a place to live for many various reasons. For example, some older individuals may have recovery or mental health in their history, are not be ready for a retirement home but want a social, safe place to reside. We house them and connect them with the particular services they need and want. Or some individuals have recently gained recovery and want a long term safe place to continue to live a clean sober life with continued support.
NOTE: Clients who do not have their children residing with them will have an opportunity for stability while working with an agency to reunite them with their children. Glass House Inc. provides a one-on-one Certified Recovery Specialist who helps clients network for services, enroll in parenting classes, and develop life skills. The clients have a greater ability to reunite with their children, sooner. We also provide, by referral, different counseling services. Programs are specialized for each individual.
Persons needing help getting back on their feet are welcome to download and print the Glass House Inc. contract and application found under the FORMS tab above and submit it to: email@example.com. You may also call our offices at 717-390-0438.
How We Help
Glass House Inc. is bringing hope and faith into our community by:
- Helping to determine what local services clients will network with to best serve their needs – (Glass House Inc. utilizes a variety of counselors, local peace-making organizations, community groups, schools, churches, youth agencies, hospitals, rehabs, probation and parole and many others to create new connections that assist and help our clients to succeed.)
- Providing housing that offers much needed stability – A safe place to reside, while networking with much needed services.
- Aiding in work skills and job searches through CareerLink and utilizing Glass House Inc. partners
- Teaching basic life skills from cooking and cleaning to accountability and effective communication
- Inspiring creativity and positivity through enhanced self-image and self-esteem
- Credit Building
- Implementing important life skills so individuals and families can effectively integrate back into society and permanently regain their independence – Our program is set up with all the responsibilities of living on one’s own, but with a combination of facilitators, oversight, and the support of one-on-one meetings. In addition, there are also weekly house unity meetings, and volunteer groups who visit to provide added mentoring and skill-building opportunities. Celebrate Recovery is utilized as a tool to teach all clients new ways of thinking and new life perspectives.
“The Last Supper Table”
Thank you, Chris,
Chris a former program participant, designed, built and had other participants assist in the heavy lifting . It still serves as a common community meeting place, often hosting gatherings of all kinds from barbecues to literature study meetings.